Ransomware and malicious insiders top the list of the most dangerous cybersecurity threats. To have a fighting chance against them, IT pros have to be informed and proactive. In the May issue of SysAdmin Magazine we have collected practical guidelines they can use to minimize the risk of data breach or malicious attack.
- WannaCry Ransomware: How to Stay Safe
Learn the most important information about WannaCry ransomware and get a step-by-step guide for countering WannaCry attacks against your network.
- Ransomware Removal Using FSRM and PowerShell
Follow our instruction to protect your Windows system from file-encrypting malware with PowerShell and file server resource manager.
- 3-Step Guide to Preventing Privilege Escalation
Get three basic rules for preventing privilege account escalation attack and a native tool for each of the rules.
- IT News: New Netwrix Auditor 9.0 and its Alerts on Threat Patterns
Discover how upgraded Netwrix Auditor 9.0 enables users to shield their IT infrastructures and data from ransomware and malicious insiders.
- Free Tool of the Month: Disk Space Monitor
Download a freeware tool that notifies you about servers that are running low on disk space so you can prevent server downtime and unexpected failures.
- How-to: Detect Who Modified Permissions to an Organizational Unit
Learn how to detect who modified permissions settings of objects in an OU in 6 easy steps.
The SysAdmin Magazine Editorial Team