Why is it difficult to control the activity of privileged users?
In a recent survey, 34% of respondents admitted to sharing passwords or accounts with their coworkers. Sharing credentials is a potentially risky activity, which may result in data breaches and system downtime. These risks are dramatically higher when the accounts involved are privileged accounts, since they have far greater access to sensitive data and business-critical systems. You need to know for certain who is using the powerful accounts controlled by your privileged access management (PAM) solution and exactly what each individual is doing with the elevated permissions.
How can Netwrix Auditor help?
By integrating Netwrix Auditor and the CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution, you can keep privileged users from hiding behind shared accounts and spot suspicious activity in time to prevent real damage. Specifically, you can:
- Keep a close eye on privileged users.
Remain confident that privileged users are following internal policies and don’t misuse their elevated permissions by auditing each action in the CyberArk solution. For example, you can know which employee used the credentials for the production server and gather both video and keystroke level recordings of that user’s exact actions with the CyberArk privileged session management capabilities
- Quickly spot and investigate misbehavior by privileged users.
Promptly detect unusual activity so you can respond before it leads to a security incident or system downtime. With all security intelligence tied to the individuals responsible, you can easily uncover rogue insiders using privileged accounts, instead of having to painstakingly piece together complicated patterns of privilege abuse.
- Resolve user issues before they become real problems.
Monitor all privileged account activity in CyberArk to limit risky actions and business disruptions caused by users’ inability to access required resources.
- Prove compliance with less effort.
Organize all audit data from different systems in a single searchable display and store data for as long as needed and sort through it quickly whenever auditors request specific information.
How does it work?
- Privileged users perform actions using credentials generated by CyberArk
- Netwrix Auditor continuously monitors the IT ecosystem for suspicious activity and alerts you to critical events. With the integration, this auditing includes collecting data from the CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution.
- Netwrix Auditor collects data from CyberArk to unveil the individual identities using shared accounts, enabling full accountability of privileged users.
Combining CyberArk’s expertise in securing privileged access with Netwrix’s prowess in data-centric security yields a solution that not only secures privileged credentials, but also enables organizations to ensure that powerful rights are not abused. With the full context around the activity of privileged users, you will be able to detect and investigate security incidents before they lead to a breach or compliance failure, or bring your business to a halt.